google

Google
 

Friday, May 16, 2008

Clichy: I'll 'Leave My Mark'




Mathieu Flamini has already left Highbury for the apparently brighter pastures of AC Milan, while Alex Hleb is strongly tipped to follow him to Italy in the coming weeks.

Full-back Gael Clichy, though, is keen to stem the exodus by inking a two-year contract extension.

Furthermore, the 22-year-old Frenchman wants to create his own Gunners legacy like Patrick Vieira and Thierry Henry and predicts big things for Arsenal in the future.

He told the Sun: "We're talking about a further two years and we're at the end of our discussions.

"Everything's going well because my intention is clear - I want to stay at Arsenal.

"I respect Mathieu's choice - AC Milan isn't an opportunity that comes around often.

"But because someone is leaving does not mean I'm going to follow them.

"Even if it's possible to experience great things elsewhere, I am persuaded that with our team we can go very, very far.

"I would love to have a career here like Patrick Vieira or Thierry Henry, to stay many years at Arsenal and leave my mark on the club.

"I've been in London for five years. If everything goes well I will stay here for at least eight years."

No comments:

Mr woo again

Mr woo amazing freestyle

Ronaldo my season my style