google

Google
 

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Eto'o: We Won't Repeat Cup Mistakes At Valencia




Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o insists that there will be no complacency on display as the blaugrana look to overturn their 1-1 away goals deficit in the Copa del Rey semi-final second leg at Valencia...

Barcelona famously fell 4-0 to Getafe at this stageof the competition last season after running out 5-2 winners in the first leg.

Eto'o, for his part, insists that there will be no repeat.

"The situation is different," he explained.

"Against Valencia we need a positive outcome - either a wim, or a draw with more than one goal scored.

"Against Getafe, though, we had to defend, and in that situation we just didn't know what we were doing.

"We have learned our lesson, and I hope that the experience will help us to qualify for the final."

Valencia Trip

Looking ahead to the Thursday encounter, he stated that the Copa del Rey was a particularly important target for him.

"If we overcome Valencia then we'll be closer to the dream of lifting the King's Cup," he noted.

"I'm confident that, if we do our best, we'll find it hard not to advance in the end."

Eto'o himself has previously treated the Mestalla as a happy hunting ground, netting there twice earlier in the season during a 3-0 win.

"The Mestalla is good to me, but I prefer to say that it is in fact good for Barcelona," he added.

"If I score two goals but we don't qualify, then my streak there will count for nothing."

Historic Moment

Eto'o managed his 72nd Liga goal for the blaugrana on Sunday evening against Almeria in what was his 100th league clash for the side.

That puts him third in the 'first century' standings of Barça goalscorers, with Mariano Martin's 90 and Ladislao Kubala's 84 being the only greater totals.

"It's an honour to be among such great players, and it's also recognition for the entire team," he said.

"I can only thank my colleagues, because without them I wouldn't have managed so many goals. Thank God I've scored so many, and above all I hope to reach 200 matche with Barça and win many titles."

No comments:

Mr woo again

Mr woo amazing freestyle

Ronaldo my season my style