google

Google
 

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Paolo Maldini completes 1000 games for Italy and AC Milan




Last Saturday night in Parma (0 x 0), the legendary AC Milan captain, Paolo Maldini, celebrated his 1000th appearance for club and country. He came on as a 70th minute substitute for Marek Jankulovski.

“I hope my legacy will be one of absolute respect for the sport and opposition. This respect has been recognised by the fans, as I have never been insulted or jeered in any particular fashion.

I did not create a personality or character that is separate from how I am in real life and this was appreciated by fans.”

Source: Football Italia.

“I would like to dedicate this achievement to my family, in particular my mother who has followed me all these years and has always stayed close.”

Source: Reuters.

He has played 23 years for the same club, which is a milestone in and of itself. He has been the Milan captain since 1997, and was the Italy captain from 1994 to 2002. In both instances, he succeeded Franco Baresi. When he retires in May, Italian calcio and world football will commemorate a player for the ages: Paolo Maldini.

Total Appearances, Red Cards, and Goals

-126 for the Italian National Team (He was the captain 64 times).
-874 for AC Milan, where he debuted in January 1985 as a 16 year old against Udinese.
-According to GFDb, since 1999, he has had only 1 red card. (To the best of my knowledge, he was never red carded playing for Italy).
-He has scored 43 goals in his career.

No comments:

Mr woo again

Mr woo amazing freestyle

Ronaldo my season my style